A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Wardrobe




I know it’s insane to be thinking about a winter wardrobe in 40+ degree C heat but that’s exactly what I did this weekend. I want to sew a few key pieces for my wardrobe this year, and given my track record, I need to start months in advance to get anything finished in time!


Working from my feet up I’ve started a mood board to decided what colours and styles I’ll work with this season.


Lula magazine always inspires me so that’s where I started….

At this stage my wardrobe will include some of the following:


Colours

Mustard yellow/gold/camel

Plum/burgundy/aubergine/berry

Copper brown/cinnamon

Burnt orange

Mushroom pink

Khaki

Taupe/grey/beige

Black

White

Denim blue

Inspiration

Feathers

1950’s

Ruffles

Bows

Sparkles/pearls

Lace

Leather

Drapping

Key Pieces

Black hat

Solid colour skirt

Blazer

Plaid button up

Mustard yellow cardi

Denim shirt

Sparkle top

Leather Jacket

Jersey+leather pants

Knit vest

Cape

Scarves

Silky camisole

Ankle boots

Oversize top/jumper

Roll neck top

Cowl neck dress


I drew these shoes from images I found on the net. I’ll use this as a starting point for the ankle boots I’d like to buy.

I’ll be sketching the other items I’d like to buy/make over the coming week and will be happy to share once their done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...