A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Colour Boards + Trouser and Blouse Ideas

sketches of the pants and blouse I would like to make


images from hypeed

After trawling through images and magazines, I’ve started to refine what I want in my winter wardrobe. I’ve set a goal to make about 30% of items for my wardrobe and have them completed by the end of May! You, as my audience, can have front row seats as I sweat through each stage of the creative process!


I’m only in phase 1 (research), however please feel free to critique / comment along the way.


mustard yellow / gold colour board


I’m in the process of reviewing colour combinations for my winter wardrobe. I’ve decided to pair mustard yellow with indigo blue (denim), dark faun, black, cream, warm brown (copper?) burgundy (red wine) and warm grey.


I’ve also started reviewing patterns for a pleated pant and a front tie blouse based on some images I found at Hypeed. At the moment I like the Burda Style Marilyn Trouser #6065 and the McCall’s Misses blouse M5884, however both will need a bit of editing.


Next colour review will be camel…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...