A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A picture's worth a thousand words

I’m always amazed at the number of techniques that can be employed for a simple photograph. Even a little point and shoot camera can produce professional quality shots with a click of a button. The profile shot of me on this blog was taken on the base model, point and shoot Panasonic Lumix camera. I'm a complete novice when it comes to photography so I've set myself on a quest to find inspiration for a few basic techniques.

World renowned fashion photographer, Solve Sundsbo used interesting shadows to create these animal like prints on model Edita Vilkevicute. I'm now on the hunt for some funky shadows to try!!
A slight movement of the lens probably created the gorgeous “raining fire” chandelier display of lights in this photograph. This image looks so magical.
I love the look of a blurred background with a sharp detail in front. This was probably created by using a slightly slower shutter speed when the train went past. If the train was further away the effect could have been created by increasing the aperture size as well as slowing the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...