A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sister Act

I have always been surrounded by handcrafts. My Nan’s impeccable needlework leaves most people in awe and my mum was a full time artist for most of my life.

It’s not a wonder I felt a strong connection with Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, a label run by USA twin sisters Elizabeth and Kathryn Fortunato. They produce beautiful accessories that are influenced by their grandmothers craft skills. Their accessories are incredibly unique and feature a range of embellishments and detailing that has a wholesome, handmade feel whilst screaming unique style.

Some of my favourite pieces from their website are listed below. To ogle at more of their work visit http://www.lizziefortunatojewels.com/collections/



I love how the little flags on this necklace stand to attention and take hold of any outfit




Since cutting my hair short again I can't live without a headband..... these examples are super funky





I love the little bows on this necklace.... how pretty







They can also do rock star chic...... studs are back in girls!

They make a plait look so cool

All images from Lizzie Fortunato Jewels http://www.lizziefortunatojewels.com/collections/

If you found this post useful why not send it to friends!! If you would like to receive updates from Design Detective please join me on Twitter or Facebook. Click Twitter or Facebook Fan Page links on the top right of this page to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...