A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter eggs for the non-chocolate lover (yup, that's me!)






I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm the only human who dislikes chocoloate eggs. I know that some of you out there are thinking, "Freak!" but yes, non-chocolate eaters do exist!

To ensure I can still participate in the spirit of devouring an egg on Sunday, I've decided to try my hand at natural egg dying. Colouring an egg with natural dyes allows you to create some delicious colours and still be able to eat the end result.

Thanks to Whiteley Creek Homestead I now have some fantastic instructions on how to get started. I love the authors suggestions about using rubber bands and veggie sediment to create some interesting patterns.

Recipes for natural dyes are available through a number of websites, however the ones I'm going to use are listed below:

http://www.lakewinds.com/store/Natural-Egg-Dye-Recipes-W4698C18760.aspx

http://blisstree.com/live/heres-a-fun-one-for-you-organic-easter-egg-dyes/?utm_source=blisstree&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b5hubs_migration

http://crunchydomesticgoddess.com/2009/04/04/how-to-dye-easter-eggs-naturally-a-tutorial/

Enjoy creating!

If you found this post interesting why not send it to friends!!If you would like to receive updates from Design Detective Diary please join me on Twitter or Facebook. Click Twitter or Facebook Fan Page links on the top right of this page to join.

images from whiteley creek homestead and ohdeedoh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...