A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Monday, August 3, 2009

Patty Cake, Patty Cake, Baker's Man....

Why do we crave something sweet after a savory meal? I’m hunting around the house trying to find something for desert but the closest I’ve got is a Donna Hay cook book.

So, I’ve started thinking about how inspiring sweet treats can be. The thought of a pastel cupcake or a brightly coloured macaroon instantly puts a smile on my face.

I wish we had the Parisian tea salon Laduree in Australia. Famous for their macaroons and other sweet treats they’ve been refining their recipes since 1862. http://www.laduree.fr/public_fr/maisons/champs_accueil.htm






Not only are their macaroons special but the interiors of their retail chains are amazing. The Champs Elysees store is fit for a queen with velvet drapes and Edwardian chairs.







Hope is not completely lost for a store in Australia with 2 stores now open in the Asia Pacific (Tokyo)…… yummm!




In my internet surfing I couldn’t pass this yummy recipe for chocolate chai spice cupcakes http://chockylit.blogspot.com/2006/05/chocolate-chai-spice-cupcake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...