A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lace Shorts - Inspired by Sincerely Jules (Blogger)




I’ve been inspired by the styles of blogger Jules from http://www.sincerelyjules.com/. I fell in love with an olive green and black lace skirt outfit that she had on and decided I needed to whip up something similar (see above image).

Using some non-stretch lace I had at home, I bought a gold zip and some stretch poplin for the lining. I’m so used to putting in invisible zips that I had a lot of trouble putting in this standard zipper (a bit of unpicking involved and a couple of you tube videos got me through).

I cut out size 6 but it was a little too small around the hips so I just reduced the 1.5cm seem allowance to 1cm.

The pattern didn’t have lining but due to the sheerness of the lace I had to put some in. I used cotton because I find that standard lining in summer is too hot and sweaty in Australia and cotton is much more comfortable.

It’s a really simple pattern and if made without the lining would only take 4 hours to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...